By Robert Holland
Read or Download 100 Miles to Freedom: The Epic Story of the Rescue of Santo Tomas and the Liberation of Manila: 1943-1945 PDF
Best military history books
Why do the wrestle functions of person squaddies differ lots? This e-book seeks to supply a solution to this and different questions about variability in wrestle functionality. a few infantrymen flee speedy from the battlefield, whereas others undergo all hardships till the sour finish. a few strive against devices can practice quite a few sorts of missions, whereas others can't retain themselves geared up in the course of peacetime.
The tale of 1 of the main winning and adorned tank commanders of all time. comprises maps, reliable files, newspaper clippings, and orders of battle.
The island of Bougainville within the South Pacific was once the location of 1 of the most important and such a lot gruelling campaigns fought via Australian forces through the moment international battle. in the course of the offensive opposed to the japanese from November 1944 to August 1945, greater than 500 Australians have been killed and Victoria Crosses presented.
In 1918 Adolf Hitler was once penniless: inside of 25 years he used to be most likely the richest guy in Europe. In his interesting e-book the writer units out to find not just the level of Hitler's fortune yet the way it was once accrued and with whose support. He reveals that royalties of Mein Kampf signify purely the top of the iceberg.
- 18 DIVISION Headquarters, Branches and Services General Staff : 1 January 1918 - 21 March 1919 (First World War, War Diary, WO95/2017)
- From Western Deserts to Carolina Swamps: A Civil War Soldier's Journals and Letters Home
- 25 DIVISION 7 Infantry Brigade South Staffordshire Regiment 4th Special Reserve Battalion : 8 October 1917 - 31 July 1918 (First World War, War Diary, WO95/2244/2)
- Military Assistance: An Operational Perspective (Contributions in Military Studies)
- Wings over the Waves: The Biography and Letters of Lieut. Com. Roy Baker-Falkner DSO DSC RN
Extra resources for 100 Miles to Freedom: The Epic Story of the Rescue of Santo Tomas and the Liberation of Manila: 1943-1945
100 Miles to Freedom: The Epic Story of the Rescue of Santo Tomas and the Liberation of Manila: 1943-1945 by Robert Holland